UPRT aBRIDGEd Training for Current ATPLs or CPLs
UPRT Bridge Training - an Introduction or Refresher for current ATPLs or CPLs
This is a 1 day abridged UPRT course including 2 flights (2 hours of flying) in the T67M260 and 2-3 hours of ground school.
It is recommended either as an Introduction to UPRT for those pilots wishing to better understand and experience upsets, or as Refresher Training for pilots who have already undertaken the FCL.745.A course or another UPRT course.
1. UPRT Philosophy – The mantra of Avoid, Recognise, Recover
2. Criticality of academic/practical knowledge, especially AoA
3. Understanding what a Flight Upset is and isn’t
4. How to AVOID Flight Upsets – causes, awareness, TEM, automation mode confusion
5. How to RECOGNISE Flight Upsets – understanding what ‘normal’ looks like, and why pilots lose SA
6. How to RECOVER from Flight Upsets – Recovery strategies
7. Review of counter-intuitive recovery actions and associated challenges
8. Managing Startle and Fear – the biggest challenge of all
9. Simplifying Flight Upset Recovery – KISS.
10. Developing resilience – building layers of UPRT protection and the UH Coping Funnel
On Aircraft Training
• Steep and Maximum Rate Turns
• Slow Flight at Vs1g – level turns; turning and climbing/descending
• Stalling - Clean, power On and Off
• Upset Recovery
- Nose High / Wings level and banked, high & low speed
- Nose Low / Wings level and banked, high & low speed
- High Bank angle / Overbank
- From manoeuvre and Ballistic (vertical)
- Trim runaways
- Spiral Dive
• Wake Turbulence Recoveries
• Human Factors - Situational Awareness
- Startle & Stress Response
- Threat & Error Management
- Crew Resource Management in the GA environment
Please contact us for prices and availability.